The below procedures must be followed when receiving UPS, FedEx and freight orders. Recourse for damaged and/or lost goods is very limited if these procedures are not adhered to properly. Make it a priority to discuss these procedures with your employees and customers.
- When receiving an order, inspect shipment and count the number of boxes before signing the delivery receipt.
- If the number of boxes does not match the quantity stated on the delivery receipt, note the number of boxes received and missing before signing any freight documents.
- If damage is apparent, note the number of boxes that are damaged before signing the delivery receipt. You may also refuse the damaged freight.
- Claims for freight damage or shortages must be reported to Standard Golf within 7 days of delivery. The shortage or damage must have been noted on the original delivery receipt by whomever signed for the delivery. If the claim is not made within the above time limit, and/or if the damage or shortage was not noted on the carrier’s copy of the delivery receipt, there is nothing Standard Golf can do. These are the carriers’ rules, not Standard Golf’s. PLEASE MAKE SURE SHORTAGES AND/OR DAMAGES ARE NOTED ON DELIVERY RECEIPT.
- If you received products damaged in shipment, or if products were missing from a shipment, please submit the following information to Standard Golf within 7 days of delivery: 1) A copy of Standard Golf’s invoice or a valid invoice number; 2) The PRO number of the shipment; 3) A photo of the damaged product and packaging; and 4) A copy of the delivery receipt, with the damage or shortage noted. 5) DO NOT dispose of the damaged products or packaging. The carrier will want to inspect the damage. 6) Once the above information is received, Standard will file a freight claim. We will notify you as soon as we hear back from the carrier. This could take some time.
- To avoid extra charges, decline any add-on services the carriers may offer. It is the responsibility of the distributor/dealer to pay all fees relating to delivery services imposed by the UPS, FedEx or other freight carriers. These fees include but are not limited to: Appointment Required, Call Before Delivery, Residential, Lift Gate, Construction Site, Inside Delivery, Re-Delivery, Address Correction, School Delivery and Limited Access, etc.
- UPS and FedEx are charging an Address Correction of $16.40 per box for an shipment that contains an error in the Shipping Address. Please take the extra time to verify and confirm that shipping information is correct when placing the order to avoid being charged this additional fee.
- All orders will ship via UPS, FedEx or freight carrier. Standard Golf will choose best shipping method and will not ship with other accounts.
- Due to weather, many tariffs and special terms carriers are enforcing with time sensitive delivery methods there are several instances where the carrier will NOT take responsibility for freight delays. Therefore, Standard Golf DOES NOT recommend these expedited services.
We're Happy To Help
Call us now speak to a customer service representative.