Protect Yourself, Protect your Course
It seems like years ago that I was shaking hands, laughing and enjoying the conversation, company and optimism of 2020 at both the PGA Show and GIS. Amazing how in less than two-months things can change.
As we all know the country and world is facing a challenge with the current Coronavirus, COVID-19. Not only do we have to protect those that are more susceptible to this disease, but we must also protect the physically healthy as well. This is why we are going to stay open as long as possible. Golf allows for a moderate (outdoor) activity that is directly related to a reduction in anxiety and depression. The least we can do is practice social distancing, eliminate unneeded meetings internally and externally, continue with proper hygiene and support those that support golf.
To this end, below are two important updates amid COVID-19: Shipping / Receiving and New “NO TOUCH” specific course accessories.
Shipping and Receiving Changes
Two impacts of staying open that are important for those receiving Standard Golf product revolves around shipping and receiving. Just recently both UPS and FedEx stopped obtaining signatures when delivering packages. This is important to note that more than ever when you receive anything make sure to immediately check to make sure the correct number of packages were delivered and the condition of the package is acceptable. If any issues: notify the driver, if they are still there, and call us as soon as possible. Document the situation with photos as well, if you can.
Secondly, we know the climate is fluid and a course or distributor may be open today, but closed tomorrow. Thus when placing an order PLEASE make sure the consignee is open and will be able to receive freight / shipping for 5 to 7 days. We will also need a good phone number and name of someone that will be on grounds. Help us to help you receive your products.
New No Touch Golf Accessories
If you are staying open, undoubtedly you are making some changes to the accessories on the course. You’ve removed bunker rakes, ball washers, and you’re looking to modify the cup so no one touches the flagstick. To this end we have acted quickly to get some new products available that can help all the golf courses practice “no touch” golf.
- COVID-19 Local Rules Sign – let your customers know the precautions you’ve taken to help keep them safe. This is also a great indicator to have in case the press stop by to ask what you are doing to help protect golfers.
- Safety Cup – This 1.5″ deep cup can be used in 2 different methods.
- Place the “Safety Cup” on top of the existing cup. The “Safety Cup” will be about 1/2″ above the turf. When a ball strikes the safety cup it is considered “holed”.
- Secondly, you can invert the Safety Cup and place down into the cup (make sure the original cup liner is at least 1.5″ below the surface of the dirt. This now acts like a “shallow cup” and a player can still “sink” a putt but the ball will remain just below the turf.
- Mean Green Anti-bacterial Cleaner – keep your facility, buildings, carts and equipment safe. This cleaner kills 99.9% of bacteria and is effective against Influenza and SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 (EPA registered product)
Existing No Touch Golf Accessories
We also have a few products already on the shelf the would be perfect for a “No Touch” golf course.
- Cup Saver Ball Retriever. Check this out from South Dakota Superintendent Bryan Titpon. He took our cup saver, pushed it up a few inches and then used a zip tie to keep the cup saver suspended. Works great!
@StandardGolf set at 2” above ferrule or 2.5” held in place with zip tie. pic.twitter.com/Y4Ki9StRWd
— Bryan Tipton, CGCS (@Hillsviewsuper) March 20, 2020
- Practice Green Targets – No need to cut a hole, or to touch anything. Place these on your putting green and golfers can practice sinking putting into a new target (flags sold separately).
- Safety Equipment. Don’t forget to check out our list of products to keep you clean and safe.
We hope everyone is able to stay safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. If Standard Golf can help with anything please do let us know.